- We facilitate safe, empowering and creative writing experiences that provide opportunities for meaningful self-reflection and authentic self-expression. Our small class settings make it easy for participants get to know each other.
- We are allies encouraging our participants to become each other’s allies. From the first minutes of class to the very end, we model safe listening, safe revelation, positive feedback, and the universal nature of our human experiences. Being seen, heard, and validated opens the process of discovery, so exploration is gratifying and exciting.
- We incorporate a holistic mind-body approach which supports participants in self-awareness and self care. We pace and space the writing exercises with breaks for breathing exercises and gentle movement drawn from yoga, qi gong and tai chi.
- We use the medium of writing – free-writing, story-catching, prose, fiction, poetry, songwriting and memoir – to foster community.
- We work with a broad range of abilities in our workshops. We welcome experienced writers, people who don’t see themselves as writers, as well as those who may not have previous writing experience, and thus have not experienced the value of their stories.
- We package resources, materials and independent programs for ongoing groups. We expect the writing and community to thrive beyond the duration of our initial programming.